Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions for YTT
Check out the participation guidelines here.
Due to the COVID-19 stay at home health order in the State of New Mexico, Yoga Alliance is allowing this program to take place 100% online during 2021. This means that you can attend the scheduled weekend workshops via zoom. If you are unable to attend a workshop or your begin the training after workshops have already taken place, you may watch the workshop videos and work one on one with the instructor via zoom meetings at your own pace. You can begin the program anytime and move at your own pace as long as you complete it by the end of 2021 (unless a further extension is offered by Yoga Alliance).
With this 200 hour certification, can I practice internationally?
- Yes, Yoga Alliance (YA) is recognized internationally.
What is the type of yoga that I will be certified in?
- Dhvani Yoga which is a blend of sound therapy, safe and inclusive Asana/postures -Hatha, pranayma, meditation and Raja Yoga.
Do you have an apprenticeship program?
- Alana has supported many YTT graduates in apprenticeships. Interested graduate can begin practice teaching with Alana’s support and apprentice at the 365Well studio.
Can I acquire a 500 hour training certificate through an apprenticeship program at another studio or school?
- Yes, you can take the 200 hour certificate from the Dhvani YTT and attend another 300 hour certificate program that is accredited by Yoga Alliance for a 500 hour certificate with YA.
What percentage of graduates go on to teach?
- We have had 90 % of our graduates begin teaching.
What is included in the tuition costs?
- Twelve weekend workshops, the class guidebook and two CDs or Mp3 playlists of music, access to an online google classroom with recorded presentations from the workshops, links to youtube playlists and additional class materials (including a deck of Anatomy cards and Asana cards), articles and links to resources online. Additional costs for 3 required books and contributions to group meals if participating.
What is the application process like?
- Fill out the online form. Lead instructor, Alana Grier, will contact you to confirm admittance. To secure space in workshop advanced pay is advised and you must agree to the Participation Guidelines for 200 -RYT Dhvani Yoga Teacher Training.
Are there tests in the classes?
- The learning environment is open and supportive for all different styles of learners and for that reason there are no written tests, although students are given opportunities to demonstrate their knowledge and skills in other ways.
Is there a limit to class size?
- Not while we are 100% online.
What is the set up of the classes?
- We meet every other weekend over the course of six months on zoom from 11:00am to 6:00pm Mountain Time (MT) on Saturdays and Sundays. We try to keep each weekend a balance of movement and lecture and break for food as needed.
How many hours will we spend with each faculty member?
- Most of the time will be spent with Alana Grier present, Alana Lee will be cover much of the advanced asana, and Julie Staples teaches Kundalini and Yoga research. Guest teachers including graduates of the program are often presenting for an hour or ninety minutes of a weekend workshop.
How many hours are spent practicing teaching yoga?
- Each student will gain at least 25 hours of practice teaching experience beginning in the second month of the program. This includes preparation time for 10 to 15 minute lessons in breathing, asana, meditation and mindfulness.
Do you offer post graduate career support?
- Yes, Alana will support graduates with the opportunity to shadow teach and take over community classes.
When can I start my training?
- The next training begins January 2021.
What is the schedule of classes, ie. dates, times?
- The dates and times are listed under the 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training page on the website.
What if I already have a 200 Hour certificate and just want to continue my education?
- Each weekend workshop provides 15 hour certificates for Yoga Alliance Continuing Education Credits YACEC’s for established YA Instructors needing CEU’s/CEC’s.
Are there required books for the training?
- Yes, the three required books are: The Key Poses of Yoga: Scientific Keys, Volume I an Volume II by Ray Long (Author), Chris Macivor (Illustrator), and Eastern Body Western Mind by Anodea Judith, Publisher Celestial Arts, Berkely CA.